Monday, September 3, 2018

Punk Rock Art Photos: Sights & Sounds, New York City Style

<\After midnight: The view down 8th Street, Take I
...All Words/Images: The Reckoner>

Now there ain't no sheets upon my bed,
just a mattress and some wine.
The rain is pouring through the night
and I'm glad my life is mine.

When Frank Carillo plays guitar
trying to get it off his chest.
He gets the words he needs tonight
on Central Park 'n' West.

Ian Hunter: "Central Park 'N' West"


<After midnight: 
The view down 8th Street:
Take II>

And we all want just someone just like me
in the city we call home.
She leaves me sometimes when I write,
'cause I write better on my own.

Bag ladies take my dollars)
put my conscience to the test.
But waitresses give me coffee free
on Central Park 'n' West.

And I think, I think, I think, I think, I think it's the best,
when I'm locked in the middle of New York city 
on Central Park 'n' West
and I know, I know, I know, I know, I know it's a mess,
but you've got to be crazy to live in the city, 
and New York city's the best.

<Yer Humble Narrator, in silhouette...>

No comments:

Post a Comment