Friday, September 23, 2016

Poor People of Reddit: What is Something Wealthy People Will Never Understand?

Poor People of Reddit: What is Something Wealthy People Will Never Understand?

These are things I relate to. Others speak of ketchup sandwiches and being forced to buy the crummy shoes and boots that fall apart fast.

"It's never as simple as "Just get a better paying job".

"Hoping your car doesn't break down cause if it does everything's over"

"Exhaustion and fear that permeate every day and every decision."

"Being made fun of for having such a limited wardrobe to wear, and looking like shit in the professional world, thus keeping you from advancing in it."

3 comments:

  1. This is so true and this is how I live. I would have never thought I would be living like this, day today trying to survive. I am 50 and the working world acts like I am not qualified for any job. 50 is not even old! I try to stretch a carton of eggs for two weeks. One income in a family used to work but now you need like three incomes just to live. What happened to the American dream? It is dead.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I never thought I'd be living like this too Kathy. Certainly never prepared for this. I know the work world for anyone over 40 has become a joke and the millennials can't even get the crummy jobs for a rented room. The American dream IS DEAD. I hope things get better for you. I've been eating eggs everyday because they are cheap. Hope cardiologists don't have a fit, but have heard now eggs aren't as harmful to people.

      Delete