Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Punk Rock Poetry Corner: The People's Haikus



Congressman Scrooge: run
that "Surplus Population 
Joke" by me once more.

Scrooge replies: people
suck up to you around here...
God, I love this place!

Great Elevator
Speech...you're over 40?
We hired someone else.

Take a pay cut, grin
through your boss's jokes..ah, Stockholm
Syndrome in Action.

Executive Blues
skimming paychecks is hard work...
tax exile awaits.

A conspiracy
of stocks speaks louder than guns
drop the greenmail bombs.

Your pension blows up,
you won't work till you drop?
only when pigs fly.

My dreams ran aground:
this scratch off ticket netted
me...only 5 bucks.

Lobbying: my way 
of saying..."It's return
on investment time."

The poor grow poorer,
because...you cannot feast on 
air and promises.

Class warfare, you say?
true enough: why rock your boat
when I can sink it?

Hey Mr. Banker:
Remember...As long as I breathe,
my hope burns bright!

-----The Reckoner

No comments:

Post a Comment