Saturday, April 28, 2018

Punk Rock Art Photo: "Ghost Feet"

<:"Ghost Feet">
<Photo: The Reckoner>

This picture reminds of me of that statutory opening line from "The Raven," by Edgar Allen Poe, one of many that we all had to read in school, so we should -- theoretically, at least -- know it by heart, right? You know the drill: "Once upon a midnight dreary, while I pondered, weak and weary..." Blah, blah, blah. And so on, and so forth.

But that's the sight I confronted when I got in the elevator one earlySunday night, to drag the laundry to the second floor. (Note to bygone architect who designed our apartment complex, and building: whatever seemed futuristic or cutting edge in the '60s and '70s is purely teeth-grinding today.) I knew this sight would disappear, come Monday morning, so what did I do? I ran and got my camera. This is Take I (the first and best, or so they say).

How'd these footprints get here? Do they only belong to one person? Why did they end up splattered in white paint, and where did they go? I don't know, and I don't care to ask. --The Reckoner

No comments:

Post a Comment